The Glasgow Evidence-Based Medicine Society is delighted to bring to you our 5th National Conference – taking place on the Saturday, 10th October 2015 at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow.
As always, this conference is open to all; from medical students to doctors all over the nation.
This conference is ideal for students and junior doctors with a keen eye for research and evidence-based medicine.
Providing an excellent opportunity to learn about evidence-based medicine through the various talks and workshops and a chance to network with fellow students and doctors, this conference is one not to be missed. This conference also aims to provide a great platform for those interested in presenting original research. We will also be providing certificates of attendance for all on the day of the conference.
We are glad to announce that this conference will be free for students. However, we do ask for an initial £10 deposit. This will be returned on the day of the conference.
Registration has now ended.
***Call for Abstracts***
GEMS is pleased to welcome abstracts on all aspects of medicine and surgery for the forthcoming Annual National GEMS Conference. This is a great opportunity to present your work at a national level!
The deadline for abstract submission has now ended.
All abstracts submitted will be judged and the best submissions will be asked to give an oral presentation at the conference on their research. All other accepted abstracts will be presented as a poster format. If your abstract is accepted, you must attend the conference. Posters should be printed in A1 (841 x 594mm) portrait form.
If there are any queries regarding abstract submission feel free to contact the organizing committee at email@example.com
Following the success of previous years, the conference will be one-day long and consist of:
– A variety of lectures from leading clinical academics. Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Anna Dominiczak, the Regius Professor of Medicine at the Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences and Vice Principal & Head of the MVLS College at UoG will be talking about:“A Beginner’s guide to academic world”
- Dr Jesse Dawson, Honorary Consultant and Reader at the Institute of Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences and Associate at the School of Medicine in University of Glasgow will be talking about: “Research Ethics”
- Dr Alastair Rankin, will be conducting a workshop on:“To AFP and Beyond”
- Professor Jeff Evans, the Director of Institute of Cancer Sciences Glasgow and Professor of Translational Cancer Research will also be giving a short talk, the topic to be confirmed.
- Professor Matthew Walters, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology, Head of the Undergraduate Medical School and Deputy Dean of Graduate Studies in UoG will also be giving a short talk, the topic to be confirmed soon.
- Dr Kenneth Baillie, a Wellcome-Beit Fellow of the Roslin Institute at the University of Edinburgh and an honorary ICU Consultant at the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh will also be giving us a short talk, the topic to be confirmed soon.
– A series of three workshops, addressing how to set up an audit or research project, academic interviews and the academic foundation program.
– Poster Presentations
09:00 – 09:30 Registration
09:30 – 09:45 GEMS President Welcome address
09:45 – 10:30 Prof Dominiczak
10:30 – 10:45 Break & poster viewing
10:45 – 11:15 Dr Jesse Dawson
11:15 – 12:00 Prof Walters
12:00 – 12:45 Oral presentations (3 x 15 mins)
12:45 – 13:30 Lunch & poster viewing
13:30 – 14:30 Dr Ken Baillie
14:30 – 16:00 Workshop sessions (3 x 30mins)
16:00 – 16:45 Prof Jeff Evans
16:45 – 17:15 Close and prize giving